Even with all the modern advances in dental techniques, pain control, and in-office sedation medications, there are situations where people should not be treated in an office situation. here are several common situations where it would be better to consider providing dental care in a medical facility.
- Young children with extensive dental needs who can not cooperate for safe dental treatment. They can have all their dental needs taken care of without the struggles and trauma that can create a lifetime fear of dental treatment.
- Physically, emotionally, or developmentally challenged people who can not hold still for dental treatment.
- People who are truly afraid of undergoing dental treatment.
- People who want to be asleep for dental treatment but do not want to experience having an intravenous needle placed. Severe gag problems.
- People with significant medical situations that make it unsafe to provide dental care in an office situation.
- People who have allergies to local anesthetics or never get numb.
- People who just want to be totally asleep during dental treatment and want absolutely no memories of having dental treatment.
For these situations the use of general anesthesia in a hospital or surgery center may be the best option.
Dr. Guy Acheson works in Sutter Memorial Hospital, Sutter General Hospital, Kaiser South Sacramento Hospital, and Fort Sutter Surgery Center. In these facilities and anesthesiologist will be in charge of your sedation while Dr. Acheson concentrates on completing your dental treatment. Dr. Acheson has the ability to provide the same dental services as in his office for children and adults.
- Dental examinations with x-rays and photographs.
- Dental cleanings and periodontal cleanings.
- Dental fillings, sealants, bonding, veneers, and crowns.
- Root canals
- Periodontal surgery
- Dental Implants
- Bone grafting
- Impressions for dental appliances or therapeutic medication trays.
Dr. Acheson has been providing dental treatment in hospitals since 1979. He is the only general dentist in the greater Sacramento area that can provide essentially all dental services needed by children and adults in the hospital situation.